Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Heaven is For Real By Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent


Heaven is For Real is a true story of a four-year-old's account of heaven in which he encountered a near death experience during surgery. 


The beginning: as a parent myself of young children this part was honestly excruciating to read.  The moment of Colton's sickness to his emergency surgery after his appendix burst was truly harrowing.  I truly honor Todd Burpo (Colton's dad) for his honesty and forthrightness in this account and throughout the book.


Obviously, the details of heaven and Colton's visit there are truly remarkable.  I like the story of how this experience brought healing to the family (and I am sure to many others now) after Colton described how Jesus' dad adopted his sister when she died in the womb.  There are so many fascinating accounts like this and I don't want to ruin them for you!

The writing itself was very well done.  The book had great flow and all the little side stories drew a greater picture of the family and let the readers see them as real people, not fictional characters.  I appreciate how the Burpo's tried very hard to keep the integrity of Colton's story by not asking him any leading questions or offering any information. It took years to collect his story in its entirety.


My favorite part of the book was when after years, Colton identified Jesus looking like the painting that
Akiane Kramarik did when she was 8 years old.  I have always thought personally that that painting looked most like the Jesus I would imagine.  I know someday I will see that precious face, whether it is here on earth or in heaven.

It is a truly remarkable reminder to us all that Heaven is For Real.
An amazing story and a perfect gift book.


This book was provided to me for free by Book Sneeze for an unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment