The Voice New Testament is a one of a kind, new translation of the Bible. It approaches translation and format in a different way and makes reading the bible more like a flowing story.
Useful and unique things about The Voice:
- Brings out the individualistic styles of each biblical book.
- Uses "word for word" and "thought for thought" methods of translating instead of just one or the other. For instance consider the NIV vs. The Message. This brings the two together.
- Uses biblical scholars, linguists, pastors, artists, and writers to bring The Voice into a compilation of language that stays true to the original Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic.
- Brings to light cultural contexts that we may not be aware of.
- Expounds on original language making its intent more clear.
What I loved about this bible was the story aspect of it. The language usage really spells things out, bringing context right into the story and allowing me to read it more like a chapter book.
You can tell when you read this that a lot of passion, study, and perseverance went into this biblical translation. I am personally thankful to have been able to read this and definitely recommend it.
5 Stars Out of 5
This book was provided to me for free by Book Sneeze contingent on an unbiased review.
*Watch the videos at the top of this blog to get some good words of encouragement!