Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hermie A Common Caterpillar by Max Lucado


Hermie A Common Caterpillar is a book by Max Lucado, illustrating to young readers that in the eyes of God, they are special.  Hermie is a plain green caterpillar, not beautiful or particularly useful.  He meets other insects he desires to be like and asks God why he is so plain.  The story ends well when a magical transformation happens...

Hermie is written in an early reader format with a few illustrations. For kids who can't read (my kids) I read it out loud.  My kids loved it!  I put it on my e reader which was especially exciting for them.
 
My favorite part of Hermie was when Hermie kept asking God, "Why have you made me so common?"  and God answers, "because I am not done with you yet!"  Isn't it wonderful that no matter where we are in life, that God always has a plan for our transformation?  Max Lucado relayed so many truths in this book in a way that little ones can understand.

Max Lucado continually wins my praise.  He has become one of my favorite authors.  I honor him for being so dedicated to sharing God's truths with kids too:

 Matthew 19:14
14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”


5 STARS OUT OF 5

This book was provided to me for free by Book Sneeze for an unbiased review.


No comments:

Post a Comment